BookMost of our lessons are suitable for beginners, so choose something you’ve always wanted to learn get started today!
LearnGo get what you paid for! If you haven't booked a specific date and time, our teachers will be in touch.
ReviewTell others what you thought by leaving a review. Reviews ensure only the best teachers make the cut.
Are all lessons suitable for beginners?
We love beginners at Skill Shop. One of the biggest reasons for us starting this was to encourage everyone to try something new, whether that’s learning how to bake a loaf of bread or run up a mountain. There may be the odd lesson that requires a certain level of fitness, but that will be made clear in the listing.
How do I book a lesson as a gift?
When a lesson can be gifted, you will find a voucher option in the drop down menu sitting in the lesson listing’s header image. Once you’ve purchased this, we will send you an email containing a code that can be used to redeem the lesson purchased within 12 months.
At the moment we are only able to offer vouchers for the full price of the lesson that you’d like to gift. We’re working on improving this, but please bear with us for now.
How do I use a Voucher?
1. Ordering a voucher from Skill Shop is the same as booking a lesson for a specific date. Simply select ‘voucher’ from the drop down menu in the header of your chosen lesson, and you’ll be taken through to the checkout.
2. Once you’ve purchased the voucher, you’ll receive an email confirmation with a voucher code. Hold on to this code as you’ll need to enter it when you want to book a date and time for your lesson.
3. When you want to redeem a voucher, go to the lesson you’d like to redeem it against and add select your preferred date from the dropdown. Click the checkout button when you’re ready, and you’ll be redirected to a screen with a ‘discount’ box on the right hand side.
4. Enter the voucher code in the ‘discount’ box and the full price of the lesson will be deducted from your total.
5. You’ll now need to enter your name and address into the boxes on the left hand side of the screen and click ‘proceed to payment’.
6. If the lesson that you have a voucher for is the only thing in your basket, you’ll see a message that says ‘Your order is free. No payment required.’ Once you see this message, click ‘complete order’ and you’ll have finished the transaction.
7. Your teacher will now be notified that you’ve booked a lesson and you’ll be all set!
Voucher codes may take up to 24 hours to activate from the time of purchase, please get in touch if you are having any trouble with your voucher code.
Do I need to bring any special equipment to my lesson?
If you need to bring any special equipment, such as material for a skirt making class or your own climbing shoes to an outdoor rock climbing lesson, it will be listed in the ‘Details’ section of the listing. More often than not, teachers will provide all the equipment you’ll need.
How do I cancel a lesson?
Skill Shop handles all cancellations.
If you wish to cancel a booked lesson within 24 hours of receiving order confirmation, email Skill Shop at email@example.com or call 020 3239 7466. You will be entitled to a full refund, issued via the original method of payment, provided the lesson is not taking place within 7 days.
If you wish to cancel a lesson after the 24 hour period has passed, provided the lesson is not taking place within 7 days, you will be issued with a credit note for the lesson you have purchased, which must be redeemed within 6 months.
For our full cancellation terms, see our terms and conditions.
Have all teachers been approved?
We have personally met every teacher on our site and believe that they will all be able to provide a fantastic learning experience. If any lesson falls below the high standard you'd expect, please get in touch.